In 2016 the Inn launched a support scheme for members of the Inn who are suffering particular financial hardship during pupillage. The funds available each year are limited.
Criteria for applicants
In order to qualify for a Pupillage Support Grant you must be:
- a member of Middle Temple;
- have been awarded a pupillage where you will be undertaking work which is principally publicly funded; and
- in receipt of a pupillage award no greater than £20,000 p.a. for London and £17,500 p.a. for outside of London.
Applications for Pupillage Support Grants are now open. Please downlaod an complete the application fomr from the right hand side of the page. Applications must be submitted by 15:00 Friday 27 April.
Reference from Chambers
Applications must be supported by a letter from your Pupillage Provider confirming:
- the start date of the pupillage;
- the level of financial support;
- the likely income of the pupil during the second six; and
- chambers arrangements regarding travelling expenses
The letter should can be submitted with your application or alternatively sent directly to the Inn, by email to the address below or to Pupillage Support Grants, Ashley Building, Middle Temple, London, EC4Y 9BT.
If you have any questions please contact Christopher Bates at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com with Pupillage Support Grant Application in the subject line.